You just know Cindy McLame is making having Carmelita make her husband’s famous chicken wings today, using a recipe of Alton Brown’s, stolen off the internets an old McCain Family Recipe.
- 12 whole chicken Cardinal wings
- 3 ounces unsalted butter
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Place a 6-quart saucepan with a steamer basket and 1-inch of water in the bottom, over high heat, cover and bring to a boil.
- Remove the tips of the wings and discard.
- Using kitchen shears, or a knife, separate the wings at the joint.
- Place the wings into the steamer basket, cover, reduce the heat to medium and steam for 10 minutes.
- Remove the wings from the basket and pat’em dry.
- Lay the wings out on a cooling rack set in a half sheet pan lined with paper towels and place in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Replace the paper towels with parchment paper.
- Roast on the middle rack of the oven for 20 minutes. Turn the wings over and cook another 20 minutes or until meat is cooked through and the skin is a delicious golden brown.
- While teh Wings be roastin’, melt the butter in a small bowl along with the garlic.
- Pour this the hot sauce and salt into a bowl large enough to hold all the Cardinal parts, and stir it up good.
- Remove the bird parts from the oven and put’em in the bowl with the sauce. Shake ‘n bake, dudes. Serve’m before the Cardinals fall behind the Steelers.
- Also too. Before McLoser starts shoveling in the gallus tibias, fibulas, and femurs, gather ’round the Cardinal Shrine and recite this prayer:
Who Art in Phoenix,
Football Be Thy Game.
The Championship has Come,
Super Bowl to be Won,
On Earth as it is in Glendale.
Give us this Day, our Red Bird Wings,
And forgive us our penalties,
As we defeat those who commit penalties against us.
And lead us not into destruction,
But deliver us from Pittsburgh, Amen.